This is the overall theme for Parkland Lutheran Church and School 125th anniversary celebrations.
(based on “One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.” –
Psalm 145:4 ESV)
Parkland Lutheran Church 1893-2018
Parkland Lutheran School 1894-2019
Oct. 14, 2018
- Church Festival Service 4:00 p.m. guest preacher – Pastor Peter Faugstad; Dinner and Program 5:30 p.m. – keynote speaker: Pastor Alexander Ring
Nov. 22, 2018
- Begin Bjug Beard Contest, contestants must show up at one of the Thanksgiving services (or following Sunday) clean shaven, recorded by a photograph
Dec. 9, 2018
- Lutefisk/Lefse dinner for congregational Christmas dinner
Jan. 6, 2019
- Special Mission Festival highlighting the NW mission starts with ethnic meals – Pastor Steven Sparley – Circuit #12 Visitor)
- ELHS presentation as the “resurrected” Pacific Lutheran Academy and Bethany Lutheran High School (date TBD)
- Christian fellowship/service activities over the years. Coffee hour with displays from various groups e.g. LYS, Camp 4 Star, Women’s Retreat, Picnic, etc. (date TBD)
Apr. 21, 2019
- 25th annual Easter Sunrise service in Cemetery
May 27, 2019
- Memorial Day event at Cemetery, including compilation of names and short bios of member military
- Special School Play (May 17th – Syttende Mai)
- Guided Walk in Parkland, sites associated with PLC&S, houses of former members, PLU campus, orphanage, etc. (date TBD)
- Church picnic with judging of Bjug Beard Contest/Historical Games (date TBD)
Sept. 29, 2019
- Harvest farm themes
Oct. 20, 2019
- School Afternoon Festival Service 4:00 p.m. – guest preacher – Pastor Alexander Ring; Dinner and Program to follow – keynote speaker: – Mr. Larry Rude
Abundance from God’s Open Hand.
Parkland Lutheran Church embarked upon a three-year special offering beginning in November 2016 to mark the occasions of the following anniversaries:
500th of the Lutheran Reformation – 2017
125th of Parkland Lutheran Church – 2018
100th of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod – 2018
and 125th of Parkland Lutheran School – 2019.
This offering is conducted under the theme: Abundance from God’s Open Hand.
(based on Ps. 145).