Enrollment Steps for the 2022-23 School Year
The following information applies to families who are interested in learning more about Parkland Lutheran School (PLS) and the enrollment process.
Open enrollment for the 2022-23 school year will begin on March 16, 2022. The enrollment process includes the following steps:
Step 1: Inquiry (preferably prior to March 16)
- Please complete our admissions inquiry form at: https://parklandlutheran.org/school/pls-admissions/
- After the admissions inquiry form has been submitted, you will receive an email with a link to schedule a time to meet with our principal and tour of our facility. You will also be mailed a packet with more information about our school, including pricing information. Please allow 5 business days following submission of your inquiry form to receive a response.
- Once you have met with our principal and toured our facility, you may proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Assessment (preferably prior to March 16)
- Please contact the school office to schedule a testing time with your child’s potential PLS teacher(s) to help us better assess your child’s readiness for school/grade level.
- If your child is entering grades 1 thru 8, you will be asked to have your child’s most recent teacher complete and return our PLS Teacher Recommendation Form. You will also be asked to provide your child’s latest report card and/or transcript from their most recent school.
- Once your child has been assessed by our teacher(s) and we have received the completed teacher recommendation form (if applicable), please allow 5 business days to receive a response. If your child is accepted to PLS, you will receive an email with information on how to proceed to Step 3.
*Step 3: Open Enrollment (on or after March 16)
- Read the PLS Handbook.
- Complete your child’s enrollment using our secure, online enrollment system (Gradelink).
- Establish a payment plan for registration, tuition, and material fees thru Gradelink.
- Once your child’s enrollment and financial plans have been submitted to Gradelink, please allow 5 business days to receive a response. If your enrollment and financial plans are approved, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to schedule a time to meet with our principal to finalize your child’s enrollment. At this meeting, you will be asked to provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate along with their medically verified immunization record.
- Sign up for our “Introduction to Lutheranism” class. In this class you will hear what your children will be taught in their religious instruction and you will have an opportunity to discuss and ask questions. All new families who are not members of Parkland Lutheran Church are required to attend, regardless of church membership. This two-session evening class is typically held in the month of October.
*We will hold your child’s seat at PLS for 5 business days to allow time for you to complete Step 3. If you do not complete the enrollment in that time, your child’s seat may be forfeited.
Once all three steps are complete, your child is officially enrolled at Parkland Lutheran School!