In the Formula of Concord, we confess:
We should ask that through the [Holy] Spirit and His grace, by means of the daily exercise of reading and doing God’s Word, He would preserve in us faith and His heavenly gifts, strengthen us from day to day, and keep us to the end. For unless God Himself be our schoolmaster, we can study and learn nothing that is acceptable to Him and salutary to ourselves and others.
Especially now as our public assembling together is greatly curtailed for a time, it may be good to consider more opportunities to hear, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest God’s Word on a day to day basis. You may consider starting or bolstering your daily individual/family devotions. Below are many different options that you might find helpful. Don’t feel as though you need to do them all or many of them. There are many options of varying amounts of time and mediums (email/booklets/podcasts). You may try some out for a time and settle on something else later.
Weekly Service of the Word
Watch the Service of the Word in real-time. Download the service folder prior to service so that you can follow along.
- If you “Like” our page, you can follow the various posts that will keep you updated to our latest news, especially as things have been changing quickly lately. We also often have prayers posted.
- If you see our posts and “Like,” “Love,” or “Share” the post, more people in our communities will also be blessed.
Vimeo – Video Recordings of the Divine Service and PLS Chapel Services (for those who are not able to watch the live stream on Sundays at 10:30 AM)
- If you subscribe to our Vimeo page, then you will receive an email whenever a new video is uploaded.
If you prefer to listen or just read the sermons each week, you can down find those resources in these links. They are usually posted by Monday AM.
Pray without ceasing. (1Thessalonians 5:17) Please remember to pray for our Church, community, state, nation, and world during these uncertain and anxious days.
- If you would like to make a prayer request (for public prayer during the Sunday Divine Service or for the pastors’ personal prayers) please contact the church office before 2 PM on Fridays at email@example.com or call 253-537-5492.
- If you would like to be sent the Weekly Prayer requests in an email, please contact the church office (information above).
If you are in the hospital or have some emergency, please contact (or have family or a friend contact) the pastors or the church office (if during the day). We are here to serve you.
Daily Devotion Options
A daily email sent out by Pr. Gullixson with notes and encouragements that will directly correspond to the appointed readings from these resources (they are the same). For an example of this email, click here. A 12 – 30 minute read, depending how much or little you desire to read.