April 15, 2018
ELS CONVENTION HISTORICAL SOCIETY/ANNIVERSARY SCHEDULE:
You may be interested in the schedule in June in regard to the 100th anniversary of the ELS, see the posted schedule on the bulletin board in the narthex.
This committee will meet on Tuesday, April 17 at 6:30 pm to tie up some loose ends for this fall activities and start planning for the 2018-19 budget requirements.
ELHS SUMMER CAMPS:
Evergreen Lutheran High School is offering summer camps for the following programs:
• Cheer (girls incoming grades 1-9)
• Volleyball (girls incoming grades 5-9)
• Basketball (boys/girls incoming grades 3-9)
• STEM (incoming grades 6-9)
• Spanish (incoming grades 6-9)
For general information about these camps, please contact the ELHS office at 253-946-4488. Registration forms can be found on the PLS website and are also available outside of the PLS office.
PARKLAND WOMEN’S RETREAT:
It’s time to make plans to attend the PLC Women’s Retreat, May 18-20, 2018. We hope you will join us! We have reserved some new ocean side houses at Seabrook, planned fun activities, and as usual, will be serving our delicious family- style meals. Cost for the weekend is $160 due in full by April 16. Questions: Contact Marie Cronk or Sue Kautter.
LOCKING GATES AFTER LATE SERVICE:
The ushers at the 10:30 am service will lock gates after their closing up duties after the service. If there are still cars in the parking lot, all gates will be locked except the north drive thru gate and the black walk through gate connecting the old portable and Old Main. If you are the last car to leave from the parking lot, please lock those two gates. Thanks for your help.
PROCLAIM THE WONDERS GOD HAS DONE: 1918–2018:
Since the synod from its beginning already was in fellowship with the Wisconsin Synod and the Missouri Synod, the training of pastors and teachers in its early years occurred through these sister synods. In particular, the pastors often were educated at Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri.
1. Mr. Perry Lund has received a call to teach math and science at Peace Lutheran School, Kissimmee, FL (ELS). Please pray for Perry and Julie during this deliberation process.
2. Principal Brent Sorn has been extended a call last week to serve Mt. Olive Lutheran School in Mankato, MN. Pray for him and his family as he deliberates his calls to serve PLS and MOLS, so that he may determine where it is that our Lord would have him serve. He would also welcome counsel from members of PLC; please contact him with your thoughts. The voters on April 18 will also be able to help him consider these matters before making a decision.
ELHS CLIMBING TO NEW HEIGHTS 2018 AUCTION:
Join us Saturday, April 21at 4:00 pm for our Annual Auction. Your attendance supports the Evergreen tuition assistance program as well as the growth of our community. Tickets are $20 presale or $25 at the door, and can be purchased online or in the front office.
NEXT WEEK’S USHERS 04/22
Early: Mike Taylor & John Taylor
Late: Jon Kvale & Aaren Kvale
REVELATION; THE FINAL WORDS OF GOD TO HIS PEOPLE:
PLORALL will present a Revelation Seminar at ORL Yelm, WA. (Speaker Pr. Steve Sparley)
April 28, 10-3:00 pm
May 5, 10-3:00 pm
Lunch and snacks will be provided both days.
We wish to thank all those who adorned our services with special music and singing, those who helped set up for the Sunrise Service, and also those who prepared the sanctuary in various ways for our Lenten, Holy Week and Easter services and for everyone that was involved in making and serving breakfast. Thank you all!
The March-April addition of the Lutheran Sentinel is on the Narthex table for you to take and read. The Lutheran Sentinel is now available to be viewed electronically at the ELS website: http://els.org/about/ls/.
SUBMIT ANNOUNCEMENTS BY E-MAIL:
You are invited to submit announcements for the Parkland Bench by e-mail. Please send them by Wednesday morning to firstname.lastname@example.org
MEMBER PICTURE BOARD:
Please help keep the picture board in the narthex up to date. If your picture is missing or you would like to update it – here are 3 ways to do it:
1. E-mail your photo to Lisa Obenberger at: email@example.com.
2. Put a photo in the G & L Obenberger member box (in the back of church) with your name on the back (your photo will be returned to you after it is scanned in).
3. Ask Lisa to take your picture
CAMP 4 STAR:
Camp 4 Star registration is open for 2018! This year’s dates are July 8-14 open to ages 10 to 15 years old. The theme for 2018 is SURVIVOR – Out live, Out pray, Out last.
Registrations and more information for Camp 4 Star can be found by visiting www.camp4star.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited; get your registration in as soon as possible so you don’t miss out on all the fun and activities this summer.